Chocolate Chip Cookies
There’s a something about the simple pleasure of biting into a warm, chewy chocolate chip cookie. The enticing aroma, the melty chocolate chips, and the irresistibly soft texture that transports you back to your childhood, I know it does for me.
Creating the perfect chewy soft chocolate chip cookie is not that difficult with a few simple ingredients and a dash of love. It all starts with quality ingredients, where the choice of flour, sugar, butter, and, of course, chocolate, plays a crucial role.
You can make chocolate chip cookies with ingredients you likely already have on hand. If you’re like me, there’s always chocolate chips in the house. Well, unless my son (who I sometimes call a little mouse) has gotten to them! Anyway, these chocolate chip cookies are my go-to recipe for a simple yet delicious, gooey, soft cookie. My kids, even the adult one (aka husband) all love them.
I have other chocolate chip cookie recipes as well. They are all delicious but this one is the easiest and quickest, requiring the fewest ingredients. If you want to try my other chocolate chip cookie recipes you can find the recipe for the BEST chocolate chip cookie here.
Basic Chocolate Chip Cookie Ingredients:
- Flour: Opt for all-purpose flour to achieve the ideal combination of structure and tenderness.
- Butter: Unsalted, high-quality butter contributes to both flavor and texture. Room temperature butter ensures a smooth dough.
- Sugars: A blend of granulated and brown sugar provides sweetness and moisture, creating that sought-after chewiness.
- Eggs: Eggs bind the ingredients and add richness to the dough. Use them at room temperature for better incorporation.
- Vanilla Extract: A hint of vanilla enhances the overall flavor profile, elevating the cookie experience.
- Baking Soda and Salt: These leavening agents are essential for the cookies to rise and achieve the perfect softness.
- Chocolate Chips: Choose high-quality chocolate chips or chunks for gooey pockets of chocolate in every bite.
Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 sheet pan
- 1 stand mixer or hand mixer
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup white granulated sugar
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 2 lg eggs
- 1½ tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 12 ounces chocolate chips (your favorite) *2 cups (roughly)
- Preheat your oven to 375℉
- In the bowl of your stand mixer, or a large bowl, combine butter and sugars, eggs and vanilla and beat on medium-low speed (2) until combined, scrape down the sides then turn up the speed (4) and beat for 30 seconds.
- lower speed back to 2 and add the baking soda, salt and flour (one cup at a time)
- mixing between each addition until just combined for a total of about 2 minutes. Scrape down the sides, increase speed to 3 for an additional 30 seconds.
- Add the chocolate chips and combine.
- Drop by heaping teaspoons 2" apart, to a parchment lined sheet pan, bake at 375℉ for 9-10 minutes until they just begin to brown around the edges.
- Remove to rack to cool immediately.
Chewy soft chocolate chip cookies are a testament to the joy found in simplicity. Whether enjoyed with a glass of cold milk or savored on their own, these cookies have the power to transport us back to our fondest memories. So, gather your ingredients, preheat that oven, and let the sweet aroma of nostalgia fill your kitchen. Happy baking!