Instant Pot Corn on the Cob and Potatoes
Who doesn’t love corn on the cob and potatoes? Well these instant pot corn on the cob and potatoes are a great time saver for you. When it comes to kitchen appliances that have revolutionized the way we cook, the Instant Pot takes the crown.
This post may contain links to products, as an Amazon Associate, I may earn from qualifying purchases at no extra cost to you.
This versatile multi-cooker has gained immense popularity for its ability to prepare delicious meals quickly and effortlessly. From soups and stews to roasts and desserts, the Instant Pot can do it all. I have discovered through experimenting that this ingenious device can perfectly cook corn on the cob and small potatoes together, saving you time and effort in the kitchen and the clean up is a breeze. Who doesn’t love a kitchen hack that makes food easier and cleanup quicker. I sure do.
And while I am talking about kitchen gadgets that are real time savers, try shucking your corn using your microwave! Yes you read that right, your microwave and just 2 minutes and you will have perfectly shucked, silk-free corn on the cob. No more standing over a garbage can or sink peeling layers and dealing with all of the silk. Just cut the cob about an inch above the bottom row of corn (just guess since you can’t see it), place the cob(s) in the microwave on high for 2 minutes (since you don’t want to cook the corn), and when the time is up, grab the cob (with a towel or oven mitt), and shake the cob out of the husks, voila!! Silk free, husked corn on the cob. Now wasn’t that easy! The link below is the Instant pot that I use and love.
The Instant Pot Advantage:
The Instant Pot’s unique pressure cooking feature is what sets it apart from other kitchen appliances. It uses a combination of heat and pressure to cook food rapidly, resulting in evenly cooked dishes with intensified flavors. This speed and efficiency make it an ideal choice for busy individuals or those who simply want to enjoy a quick and delicious meal without compromising on taste.
Instant Pot Corn on the Cob and Small Potatoes: A Perfect Pair:
One of the Instant Pot’s most remarkable features is its ability to cook multiple ingredients simultaneously. This advantage becomes particularly useful when preparing a meal that includes both corn on the cob and small potatoes. The Instant Pot allows you to cook them together, saving time and eliminating the need for multiple pots or pans.
A step by step guide to cooking Instant Pot corn on the cob and potatoes:
Here’s a simple step-by-step guide to cooking corn on the cob and small potatoes together in the Instant Pot:
- Gather your ingredients: fresh corn on the cob, small potatoes, water, and salt (optional).
- Prepare the corn: Remove the husks and silks from the corn cobs, you can leave them whole or break them in half or cut them into smaller pieces, depending on your preference.
- Clean the potatoes: Give the small potatoes a good rinse and scrub to remove any dirt or debris.
- Add water to the Instant Pot: Pour in about 1 cup of water, ensuring there’s enough liquid to generate steam.
- Place the trivet: Insert the trivet into the Instant Pot, ensuring it is elevated above the water level. This will prevent the corn and potatoes from becoming soggy.
- Add the corn on the bottom then add the potatoes: Carefully place the corn on the cob and small potatoes on the trivet. You can layer them if needed, but avoid overcrowding.
- Season (optional): Sprinkle a pinch of salt over the corn and potatoes for added flavor.This can also be done after it’s cooked.
- Seal the Instant Pot: Secure the lid and set the Instant Pot to high pressure cooking mode.
- Cook time: Set the timer for 4 minutes. The Instant Pot will take some time to reach the required pressure before the actual cooking begins.
- Quick release: Once the cooking time is complete, release the pressure to release any remaining pressure.
- Serve and enjoy: Carefully remove the corn and potatoes from the Instant Pot and serve hot. Add a pat of butter or your favorite seasoning to enhance the flavors.
Instant Pot Corn on the Cob and Baby Potatoes
- 1 Instant Pot or pressure cooker I use an instant pot
- 3 cobs corn on the cob
- 1-2 lbs baby potatoes washed
- 1 cup water
- cut the stem end off of the corn on the cobs and either shuck the corn, or alternatively you can leave them on and shuck them after they cook (they should slide right off, use oven mitts as they will be extremely hot).
- Place the rack in the bottom of the Instant Pot, place the corn on the rack (no more than about 4 cobs)
- Place the potatoes in the pot on top or around the corn
- Add the water to the pot, and put the lid on and switch the vent to SEAL
- Cook on High Pressure for 8 minutes, when the time is done, release the pressure. Remove the lid and remove the corn and potatoes. Serve
The Instant Pot continues to revolutionize the way we approach cooking, offering convenience, speed, and versatility in a single appliance. Its ability to cook corn on the cob and small potatoes together is just one example of how it can simplify meal preparation while delivering delicious results. With the Instant Pot, you can enjoy perfectly cooked, tender corn on the cob and small potatoes in a fraction of the time it would take using traditional methods. So, dust off your Instant Pot and get ready to explore a world of culinary possibilities! You won’t regret it.