Never-fail Bread or Buns
There is simply nothing more delicious than freshly baked bread. This never-fail bread or buns recipe will get you started on an excellent baking experience. Even if you are not a regular bread baker, this recipe lends itself well to a beginner baker. There is no kneading required, which makes it super simple.
While some people might say white bread is bad for you, or even boring, I say there is nothing more versatile and simple than some aromatic and delicious plain white bread. With the price of bread going up and up lately, it is also a huge savings to make it yourself.
Homemade freshly baked bread does not have an extended shelf life like the bread you buy at the supermarket and that’s because it has no additives or preservatives. If you aren’t going to eat 2 loaves of bread in a day or two you can always freeze some. You could also make your own dinner rolls with this recipe. Just form into buns instead of loaves, and bake in a rectangular baking sheet or pan.
This never-fail bread is easy but it still takes some time. Make it early in the day, so you have fresh bread or buns for lunch or supper. They are best eaten the same day, if you aren’t going to go through two loaves, then I recommend freezing one for another day. They thaw quite nicely.
Ingredients for Never-fail Bread or Buns:
• Warm water between 105 and 115 degrees Fahrenheit
• White sugar
• Active dry yeast
• Vegetable oil
These are the ingredients you’ll need, make sure to look at the recipe card below for the full amounts and step by step instructions.
How to make No-fail Bread or Buns:
- Dissolve the yeast, sugar and salt in water for 10 minutes
- Combine eggs and oil
- Stir in the yeast mixture
- Add the flour
- Blend well and cover to rise for a maximum of 2 hours or until doubled (do not punch down)
- Form into loaves (or buns), place into well oiled pans
- Let rise again
The best uses for Homemade Never-fail Bread or Buns:
White bread is very versatile. Not only is it cheap to make, it’s better tasting than most bland white bread you buy at the grocery store. This white bread can be used in a number of ways aside from the obvious sandwich.
This bread recipe uses vegetable oil which makes the bread tender with a beautiful texture and crumb. It’s perfect for whatever sandwich you want to use it for. It also toasts well, so go ahead and eat it fresh, with a lathering of butter, toast it, or make your favorite sandwich. You will not be disappointed.
This is a recipe that my mother made for years, and it really is never-fail.
Never-Fail Bread (or Buns)
- 2 loaf pans
- 1½ cups Warm water
- ¾ tsp Salt
- 1 Tbsp active dry yeast
- ¼ cup sugar up to ½ cup if making sweet buns
- 2 lg eggs
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 5 cups all-purpose flour (may not use all- i use 4.5 to 5 cups generally)
- in a small bowl dissolve yeast, sugar and salt in 1½ cups Warm water and let sit for 10 minutes to activate the yeast.
- In a large bowl, combine 2 lg eggs and ¼ cup vegetable oil, then add the yeast mixture to the larger bowl, stir to combine.
- Add the flour, reserving about 1/2 cup. Blend well, add more flour until the dough comes toghether and is not too sticky, cover and let rise 2 hours. Do Not Punch down after the 2 hours.
- On a lightly floured surface, remove dough from bowl and divide into 2. Form into 2 loaves (or into buns). Let rise 1 ½ hours, uncovered in a warm place.
- To bake. For Bread 15 minutes at 400℉ then 25 minutes at 375℉
- To bake. For Buns 25 minutes at 375℉