With the scorching heat of summer upon us, there’s nothing quite as refreshing as a chilled glass of homemade strawberry lemonade. The combination of tangy lemons and sweet strawberries creates a symphony of flavors that will invigorate your taste buds. Fresh lemons and sweet strawberries come together in perfect harmony. So grab your pitcher, gather some ripe strawberries, and make yourself a jug!
My family and I used to often go out to a favorite restaurant and my kids would always ask for their signature strawberry “freckled” lemonade. Sadly, this restaurant closed in our city so I had to come up with my own version to keep the kids from rioting!! This recipe is as close as I can get and according to my family, tastes exactly the same.
Imagine sipping on a vibrant, ruby-colored drink, adorned with slices of lemons and a handful of freshly picked strawberries, all mingling together to create a symphony of flavors. Each sip is a burst of fruity goodness, an instant vacation for your senses. The combination of sweet and tart creates a perfect balance, leaving you craving for more with every delightful sip.
Strawberry Lemonade is not just a drink; it’s an experience. It’s the embodiment of summer, capturing the essence of lazy afternoons spent lounging in the shade or picnicking at the beach. It’s the ideal companion for backyard barbecues, poolside parties, or any gathering where laughter and good times flow freely,
But what makes this drink truly special is its versatility. You can customize it to suit your preferences and experiment with various additions. Want an extra zing? Add a splash of sparkling water for some effervescence. Craving a tropical twist? Garnish with a few sprigs of fresh mint or a touch of coconut water. The possibilities are endless, limited only by your imagination. If you want an adult version, then go ahead and add a splash of your favorite spirit.
Whether you’re hosting a summer soirée, enjoying a lazy afternoon by yourself, or simply seeking a momentary escape from the scorching heat, treat yourself to a glass of Strawberry Lemonade. Let its enchanting blend of flavors transport you to a world of relaxation and bliss. One sip, and you’ll be hooked, forever embracing this timeless, sun-kissed elixir of summer.
- 1 saucepan
- 1 juicer
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup water
For the Strawberries
- 1 pint Fresh strawberries, rinsed and chopped (around 2 cups) *save a few for garnish
- 2 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 Tbsp water
For the Lemonade
- 6-8 whole fresh lemons, juiced to make 1 cup *reserve one lemon for garnish
- Ice cubes
- 5 cups cold water
Make the Simple Syrup
- In a small saucepan combine 1 cup granulated sugar and 1 cup water and bring to a low simmer until the sugar dissolves, set aside to cool
For the Strawberries
- In a small saucepan put 1 pint Fresh strawberries, rinsed and chopped (around 2 cups)pureed (or chopped very fine) add in 2 Tbsp granulated sugar and set aside for a few minutes then add 1 Tbsp water and heat over low heat until the strawberries become tender (like a puree). Set aside to cool before using.
- While it is simmering, go ahead and juice the lemons
For the Lemon juice
- Cut the fresh lemons and juice to make 1 cup. Then in a large pitcher combine the 1 cup of lemon juice with the simple syrup and stir. Add in 5 cups of water and stir to combine. Regular Lemonade is ready. Add to a glass of ice and garnish with a lemon slice or……make strawberry lemonade…..
To make Strawberry Lemonade
- Add ice to a tall glass and pour lemonade in, filling 3/4 of the way full then add 1 good scoop of the strawberry sauce and let it "float" down. Garnish with a strawberry (and lemon if desired) and serve.
Strawberry Lemonade Make Ahead Tip:
Double or triple the strawberries, then once they are cool, put them into ice cube trays and freeze. Once frozen remove from the trays and put the frozen puree in freezer bags so you can just pull out a couple of cubes (per serving) when you want some fresh Strawberry Lemonade.