The Best Blueberry Banana Muffins
These blueberry banana muffins are delicious and not too sweet. They are moist and flavorful and are perfect for a morning treat. Fresh blueberries add that extra bit of moisture without creating a soggy muffin. If you prefer a different berry, go ahead and make the switch. Just remember to dust your berries with a bit of flour to prevent them from sinking to the bottom of your muffin. Don’t like fruit? You can absolutely omit the berries and add your favorite chocolate chip or alternatively, omit any add-in and enjoy a simple banana muffin.
The recipe below makes 18 good sized muffins. Don’t skimp on the filling and enjoy a good sized muffin. If you prefer less than 18 muffins the recipe can be easily halved. I prefer to use a silicone muffin ‘TIN” like this one
If blueberries aren’t your favorite berry you can substitute any berry you like. Blueberries add a pop of freshness and go well with the banana base of the muffin.
The recipe is super easy to pull together and they don’t take that long to bake, so you could easily make them for breakfast for a crowd. You can use frozen berries if you don’t have fresh ones. Add them in frozen, keeping in mind that the muffins may take an extra couple of minutes to completely bake. Frozen berries may discolor your batter but this will not affect the taste. If you like these muffins then try my Banana Macadamia nut muffins, they are amazing!
Making the Blueberry Banana Muffins
These muffins really could not be easier to make.
- Combine your wet and dry ingredients separately, THEN add the wet to the dry.
- Toss your berries in Flour before adding to the batter. This prevents the berries from sinking to the bottom of your muffin and may help reduce bleeding of the fruit into your batter if you use frozen berries.
- Bake until lightly golden brown on top and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- I prefer a silicone muffin pan, like this one. The muffins pop out perfectly every time. (I do not use liners)
- Let the muffins cool in the pan for about 5 minutes before removing them to a cooling rack to cool completely before storing (or eating!).
Blueberry Banana Muffins
- 2 12 well muffin tin I prefer to use a silicon one
- 3 cups fresh blueberries
- 2 T flour to dust the blueberries in
- 3 cups All purpose flour
- 2 t baking powder
- 2 t baking soda
- 1/2 t salt
- 2 cups mashed bananas 5-6 medium
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup melted butter
- 2 eggs beaten
- 2 t vanilla
- Preheat oven to 375º
- Spray your muffin tin with nonstick spray (or use liners)
- Add flour, salt, baking powder and soda to a bowl and whisk to combine.
- in a separate bowl, combine bananas, sugar, butter (melted), egg (beaten) and vanilla and stir to combine.
- Add wet ingredients to dry and mix until just combined (do not over mix).
- add in blueberries (that have been tossed in flour to coat) and gently combine
- scoop the batter into the muffin tins (18).
- Bake for 22-24 minutes or until lightly browned and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cool for 5 min, then remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
Storing the Blueberry Banana muffins
- The muffins can be stored at room temperature in an air-tight container for up to 4 days.
- The muffins can be frozen for up to 3 months.