The best restaurant style Salsa
If you want authentic mexican, this is the best restaurant style salsa you will find. It is super easy and very versatile as well.
Throw everything into a food processor or high power blender (like a Vitamix or Ninja) and wham! you have a salsa in just a few minutes. this is by far the easiest salsa recipe I have but it still packs a punch with some traditional ingredients and a food processor or blender you can be dipping your tortilla chips in less than the time it takes to run to the store for a bottle of store bought average tasting salsa. Trust me.
You can make this as hot or as mild as you like, just adjust the number of jalapenos you use. If you want a smokey flavor then add some chipotle peppers in adobo (hot hot hot). I do not, but I have a few spice weaklings in my household.
If you like a chunky salsa then try this one. It is not as fast and requires processing, but if you halve or quarter the recipe for just enough for a couple of weeks, it will last in the refrigerator, if it lasts that long.
The Best Restaurant Style Salsa
- 1 food processor or Vitamix type blender *I do this in my Vitamix
- 1-28 ounce can Whole tomatoes with juice *I use San Marzano
- 2-10 ounce cans Diced tomatoes with green chilies *I use Rotel
- 1/4 cup onion, roughly chopped
- 1-2 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 1 whole jalapeno pepper remove seeds and membrane for less spicy
- 1/4 tsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro (+- to taste)
- 1/2 juice of fresh lime
- Add everything into your food processor and pulse to your desired consistency.
- This is generally a less chunky salsa.