Blueberry Banana Bread
There’s something undeniably comforting about the aroma of freshly baked banana bread wafting through the kitchen. But why stick to plain old banana bread when you can elevate it to a whole new level of deliciousness? Enter the Easy Blueberry Banana Bread, a delightful twist on the classic banana bread recipe. Bursting with the sweet-tart flavor of blueberries and the rich, moist texture of ripe bananas, this treat is sure to become a family favorite. Whether you’re a seasoned baker or just getting started, this recipe is a breeze to follow.
This recipe is basically my easy banana bread with the addition of fresh (or frozen) blueberries. Why complicate things. The base banana bread is a simple straightforward one, then just toss your blueberries in a bit of flour (to prevent them from falling to the bottom of the pan) and dot the top with a few extra blueberries for decoration and Voila! Blueberry Banana Bread.
This Easy Blueberry Banana Bread recipe adds a delightful twist to a beloved classic. The combination of ripe bananas and juicy blueberries makes for a moist, flavorful treat that’s perfect for breakfast, snacking, or dessert. The best part is that it’s incredibly easy to make for any baker whether they are skilled or a beginner.
So, the next time you have ripe bananas and a craving for something sweet, give this recipe a try. You’ll be rewarded with a homemade, scrumptious treat that your family and friends will adore. Don’t be surprised if you find yourself making this Easy Blueberry Banana Bread time and time again—it’s that good!
RELATED: Our Classic Banana Bread Recipe
For this Blueberry Banana Bread here’s what you’ll need:
- 4 Ripe Bananas
- 2 eggs
- vanilla extract
- All purpose flour
- baking soda
- granulated sugar
- softened butter
- blueberries (fresh or frozen)
Blueberry Banana Bread
- 1 9x5x2.5-3" loaf pan
- ½ cup butter softened
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 2 lg eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3-4 lg bananas ripe, mashed with a fork
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries *reserve ½ cup for the top of the loaf
- 1 Tbsp all-purpose flour *for tossing the blueberries in
- preheat oven to 350℉
- spray or oil the loaf pan, then add 1 T flour and tap to spread it around, tip out excess.
- in a medium bowl, cream the ½ cup butter, softened and ¾ cup granulated sugar together with hand mixer.
- add in 2 lg eggs, and 1 tsp vanilla and mashed bananas, stir to combine
- In another bowl, combine 1½ cups all-purpose flour, 1 tsp baking soda, and ½ tsp salt
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir to combine, don’t over mix
- In a small bowl, toss 1½ cups of the blueberries in the1 Tbsp all-purpose flour then gently add them to the batter and mix in without breaking them.
- pour mixture into prepared loaf pan and spread evenly
- Top the batter with the remaining (unfloured) ½ cup of blueberries.
- Bake in preheated oven for 60-70 minutes, check for doneness until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. This can take up to 65 minutes, depending on your oven.
- Remove from oven when done, let it sit in the pan for 10 minutes, before removing to a wire rack to cool.
- Cool completely before slicing.