Crispy, cheesy, and packed with flavor, Imperial Cheese and Rice Krispies Cocktail Crisps are the ultimate party snack that will elevate your gatherings to a whole new level. Whether you’re hosting a cocktail party, game night, or simply looking for a delicious snack to enjoy while sipping your favorite beverages, these homemade crisps are the perfect choice.
It’s that time of year again, when we are often hosting friends and family for various holidays and celebrations. These little crispy crackers are the perfect accompaniment for a charcuterie board or cheese platter. They are simple to make and take only a few ingredients and a few minutes. They freeze well, so make a double batch and you’re set for the season. They take only a few minutes at room temperature to thaw to perfection.
If you like hot and spicy then amp up the flavor by adding more cayenne pepper. The original recipe for these crisps called for a scant 1/4 teaspoon of cayenne, but through trial and error I have found the perfect amount for hit of spice is a full teaspoon. Feel free to add just the scant 1/4 teaspoon if you don’t want heat, or anything in between that and a full 1 teaspoon. I have not tried them with more than 1, as they have a good “kick” with that amount already.
These Imperial Cheese and Rice Krispies Cocktail Crisps are the ideal complement to your favorite cocktails or mocktails. Their rich, cheesy flavor and delightful crunch make them an instant crowd-pleaser. They’re also a versatile snack, perfect for casual get-togethers or more formal affairs.
Next time you’re in need of a savory snack that’s both easy to make and delicious to eat, turn to Imperial Cheese and Rice Krispies Cocktail Crisps. Whether you’re sharing them with friends or enjoying them as a solo treat, these crispy bites are sure to become a staple at your gatherings.
What you need to make Cocktail Crisps:
- Imperial Cheese (you can also use any sharp cheddar cheese as an alternative)
- butter, at room temperature
- all-purpose flour
- Rice Krispies cereal
- cayenne pepper (adjust to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 stand mixer or hand mixer
- 1 large bowl
- 1 sheet tray *parchment lined
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 250 gram imperial Cheese (one full container)
- ½-1 tsp cayenne pepper
- ¾ tsp worcestershire
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 cups rice krispie cereal
- In the bowl of a stand mixer blend 1 cup butter, softened and 250 gram imperial Cheese (one full container)
- add ½-1 tsp cayenne pepper (depending on how spicy you want the crisps to be-I put a full tsp and they are quite spicy but not overpowering).
- add the ¾ tsp worcestershire and the 1 tsp salt mix to combine then add1½ cups all-purpose flour
- Add the 4 cups rice krispie cereal and stir in with a wooden spoon, do not use mixer as it will crush the cereal. Once mixed roll into 15g balls (about 1 tbsp)
- Place balls on parchment lined baking sheet and then gently press them down with a fork to flatten them
- Bake at 350℉ for 12-14 minutes until just slightly browned on the edges
- remove and put on a cooling rack to cool completely