Vegan Goddess Dressing
Vegan Goddess Dressing is a luscious and dairy-free version of the classic Green Goddess Dressing. Bursting with fresh herbs, creamy tahini, and zesty lemon, it’s a flavorful addition to your vegan dishes. This versatile dressing can be used as a salad dressing, drizzled over roasted vegetables, as a dip, or as a flavorful sauce for pasta, wraps and sandwiches.
Vegan Goddess Dressing might sound like a relatively new addition to the world of salad dressings, but its roots trace back to the 1970s in California. Created at the legendary Good Earth restaurant in California, this dressing was initially made with dairy-based ingredients. However, as the world shifted towards more compassionate and sustainable dietary choices, the recipe transformed into the vegan delight we know today.
If you want to try another delicious salad dressing try my homemade ranch dressing. It’s not vegan, but it IS delicious.
Uses for Vegan Goddess Dressing:
This Vegan Goddess Dressing is versatile and can elevate a variety of dishes:
- Salad Dressing: Drizzle it over your favorite salads, whether it’s a simple garden salad or a hearty grain bowl.
- Veggie Dip: Serve it as a dip for fresh vegetables like cucumber, carrots, celery, and bell peppers.
- Wrap or Sandwich Spread: Use it as a creamy and flavorful spread for wraps, sandwiches, and burgers.
- Roasted Vegetable Glaze: Drizzle it over roasted or grilled vegetables like broccoli, cauliflower, or asparagus for a burst of flavor.
- Bowl Sauce: Add it to your Buddha bowls or grain bowls for extra creaminess and herbaceous goodness.
- Pasta Sauce: Toss it with cooked pasta for a delectable pasta salad or as a quick pasta sauce.
Enjoy the vibrant flavors and versatility of this Vegan Goddess Dressing in your plant-based dishes!
Vegan Goddess Dressing
- 1 bowl
- 1 whisk
- 1 food processor or magic bullet or blender *instead of bowl, this can be made in a blender
- ⅓ cup Tahini
- ½ cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 3 Tbsp water
- 1 clove fresh garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp fresh parsley, chopped *see note
- 1 Tbsp fresh dill, chopped *see note
- 1 Tbsp fresh chives, chopped *see note
- ½ small shallot, chopped find *optional
- ¼ tsp Salt and pepper to taste
- add all of the ingredients to a bowl, whisk to combine and refrigerate until ready to use.
- add all of the ingredients to the jar of your blender and blend for about 30 seconds to combine. Longer blend time will yield a thicker dressing if that's what you want.